The International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) Science assesses students’ skills in the key scientific areas of:
- Interpreting data, including observing, measuring and interpreting diagrams, tables and graphs
- Applying data, including inferring, predicting and concluding
- Higher order skills, including investigating, reasoning and problem solving
The papers will cover content on:
- Earth and Beyond (incorporating the Earth Sciences and Astronomy).
- Energy and Change (incorporating Physics).
- Life and Living (incorporating Biology and Ecology).
- Natural and Processed Materials (incorporating Chemistry).
To find out more about the science skills assessed, download a PDF version of the ICAS Science assessment framework.
|Paper||Breakdown of Questions||Test Duration|
|Introductory||30 multiple choice||45 minutes|
|A||30 multiple choice||45 minutes|
|B||30 multiple choice||45 minutes|
|C||40 multiple choice||55 minutes|
|D||40 multiple choice||55 minutes|
|E||45 multiple choice||1 hour|
|F||45 multiple choice||1 hour|
|G||45 multiple choice||1 hour|
|H||45 multiple choice||1 hour|
|I||45 multiple choice||1 hour|
Paper to year level conversion table