Result and Report
The School Results Online button on the right will take you to the School Portal where you can login to access your school’s ICAS results. You will need your 8-digit school code and the password included in the information packs sent to your school in Term 1 to login.
A video describing the online reports can be found here.
Approximately six weeks after students' responses are received for processing, a school report package is posted to your school. Each comprehensive school report comprises eight standard sections, including:
- a summary of results for all year levels at your school
- results on a common scale for each year level
- a year level summary
- an analysis by skill area within each subject for each year level
- question analysis from easy to difficult for each year level
- a student response analysis for each year level
- students’ results for each year level in alphabetical order
- students’ results for each year level in order of achievement.
Schools that enter whole year levels of students in ICAS English, Mathematics, Science or Writing can register in the Total Assessment Partnership (TAP) and will receive three additional school reporting sections that track:
- development of students over time (same students as they progress through the school, eg. Year 4 in 2007, Year 5 in 2008, Year 6 in 2009, Year 7 in 2010, Year 8 in 2011 and Year 9 in 2012)
- comparison of students over time (performance of the same year level over seven calendar years, eg. Year 6 in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012)
- each individual’s performance compared to the average performance of the ICAS population for up to seven years.
A guide to understanding your hard copy School Report, 'Using Competition and Assessment Reports', with both standard and additional sections can be found here.
School reports enable educators to:
- track an individual student's performance as s/he progresses
- monitor and compare students’ performance in the school
- track the performance of whole year cohorts over time
- compare the performance of a year level over time
- compare the performance of different year levels
- identify students who may require additional support
- identify high-achieving students.
Want to know how to access your school reports online and what information you can find in them?
- Click here for a click-by-click guide to common tasks performed by schools
- Click here for a click-by-click guide to extra tasks available to TAP schools